Decisions, Decisions (Starbucks Edition)
Are you one of those people who goes to a coffee shop and always orders the same one or two drinks?
Sure we all have our favorites but sometimes that list of syrups, drinks, sizes, and a plethora of other options can be pretty intimidating. I know that when I go to a new coffee shop, I usually hang back, away from the counter and try to take in as much as possible before ordering; then I usually ask the barista what the house specials are. A good friend, the fabulous fashion blogger A Lacey Perspective asked me to write this post. She wanted to branch out from her usual at Starbucks and wanted some recommendations, so here we go!
BREAKING NEWS: Yesterday Starbucks debuted a new website to build your drinks with, see nutritional information and learn how to speak the lingo to order your drink. Check out the My Signature Drink site, it’s useful and fun.
- Go with a Mocha (steamed milk, espresso, dark chocolate syrup)
- For those who are a little more adventurous, as a flavored syrup. I recommend (peppermint or raspberry)
Plain and Simple:
- Order a cup of brewed coffee. I recommend Pike Place Roast.
- For those interested in a little twist, add some caramel syrup
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte (espresso, steamed milk, cinnamon dolce flavored syrup)
- Caramel Macchiato(espresso, steamed milk, vanilla flavored syrup, topped with caramel sauce)
For the non-coffee drinker:
- Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade(your choice of black tea, green tea or flavored tea)
- Chai Latte (chai syrup or tea bag, steamed milk)
- Hot Chocolate
For the health conscious:
- I order everything with nonfat milk, there is also the option of soy milk
- Some of the syrups come in sugar-free if you want to cut some calories
On a hot day:
- I order my favorite drinks ‘iced’
- Mocha Frappuccino (espresso, milk, dark chocolate syrup, ice)
- Caramel Frappuccino (espresso, milk, caramel, ice)
For the Really Adventurous:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha (white chocolate syrup, espresso, milk, raspberry flavored syrup)- recommended by a barista once, loved it!
- Pumpkin Spice Mocha (pumpkin spice syrup, espresso, milk, dark chocolate syrup)- Okay so the story here is, pumpkin cookies dipped in chocolate are delicious….so that was my inspiration, now its a staple on my fall coffee menu
- October-November: Pumpkin Spice Latte- (pumpkin spice syrup, milk, espresso) It’s like pumpkin pie in a cup, mmmm.
- November-January: Gingerbread Latte- (steamed milk, espresso, and gingerbread syrup) It’s a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet, great for holiday shopping.
- Note: I’m not listing Peppermint Mocha here because peppermint syrup is available all year long!🙂
Over time I’ll post menus like this for other coffee chains. I hope this helps some of you gives you the confidence to try something different on your next trip to Starbucks!