Saturday morning. They day that I get to sleep in and still have enough time to make a special breakfast. My week day breakfasts are pretty plain (and Sunday too, don’t want to be late for church!), typically whole wheat toast and Greek yogurt or cereal and a banana. When I came across this recipe yesterday on one of my favorite food blogs (The Way the Cookie Crumbles), I knew it would be a great ‘Saturday’ recipe (and I also love scones…with coffee). Grapefruit Honey Yogurt Scones combines some of my favorite things-local honey, Greek yogurt and grapefruit! Try this recipe out this weekend or at your next opportunity, you won’t be sorry!!
Grapefruit Honey Yogurt Scones from ‘The Way the Cookie Crumbles’ blog
A few tips:
- For the flour, I used whole wheat flour and they came out great!
- My favorite vanilla extracts are Watkins Double Strength Vanilla and McCormick Vanilla Butter & Nut
- When using honey, I like to use a local flower honey, it is great for your allergies and has hints of wildflower…mmm
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use your hands…it’s just messy. I have one, but I was too lazy to get it out and then clean all the parts afterwords (hey it’s the weekend!)
- If you like to cook, follow the blog that I got this recipe from, she has some fantastic foods and wonderful photography!!
- 6 cups brewed coffee
- 2 packets sucralose sweetener
- 2-3 tablespoons caramel syrup
- As much vanilla creamer (I use soy) as you like in your coffee
Mix it all together and enjoy!!
Happy Weekend to everyone!
Share a Cup of Mo!