Wednesday What’s in Mo’s Cup- Cocoa & Chile
I am keeping up my promise to try new flavors in my coffee. Today I tried McCormick’s Cocoa Chile Blend spice. It is a mixture of cocoa powder, sugar, chipotle chili powder and paprika. I was really intrigued when I saw this at the grocery store, so I got it to make some interesting chocolate concoctions. So far I have used it in hot chocolate (thumbs up!), brownies (thumbs up!), and coffee (thumbs up!). I’m thinking about using it in cake/cupcakes, pie, cookies and more! 🙂
What’s in Mo’s Cup- Spicing It Up!
- 2 cups cinnamon coffee (Seattle’s Best is what I’m brewing currently or you can make your own from this post)
- 1 tbsp cocoa chile blend
- 1 packet sucralose sugar replacement
- creamer to your content
- 1-2 tbsp dark chocolate syrup
Make your coffee (already flavored) or cinnamon coffee . In a mug combine sucralose, chocolate, coffee, cocoa chile powder, and creamer. Stir and enjoy!
*Usually I would tell you to add your spices right to the grounds before brewing but Cocoa Chile Blend contains sugar and I wasn’t sure about running that through my coffee machine- therefore I added it after brewing. There was no problem dissolving the powder, yay!
- Wednesday What’s in Mo’s Cup- Coco Lopez (findingcoffee.wordpress.com)
- What sitcom had a plotline about chili with cocoa powder in it being a surprise hit at a chili cookoff? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Mochaccino Cupcakes (nolagirlsocial.wordpress.com)