In my industry people LOVE to network…and why not? It is an excuse to meet interesting people who are interested and usually quite knowledgeable in the same things as you. Typically these get together happen one of two places
2- Coffee shops
Again, what’s not to love? Coffee AND adult beverages 🙂 Starbucks, Caribou Coffee, or Panera Bread (yes, people go there for the coffee…and the wifi) are the go to meeting spots because they are typically abundant and conveniently located. However, once in a while you go an event at a new and unique venue. Also, since I am new to the area that I live and work in, these events are a great way to explore the city and meet people.
One unique and really neat place that I had the chance to visit was Octane Coffee Bar & Lounge in Atlanta, Ga. Boy was I surprised when I walked in here. It is in the middle of a trendy neighborhood of ATL and a hip little place indeed! I was really surprised to see people carrying glasses of beer…what?! It’s a bar too?? The perfect place for a morning pick me up or late night lounging, studying/working or catching up with friends. Check it out if you are in the area!
Make your event stand out and support local business when planning a networking meet up….from an attendee’s point of view here are some suggestions for venues:
Non-chain coffee shops
- Octane Coffee Bar & Lounge
- REV Coffee –> My review here
- Urban Grind
- Cool Beans Coffee Roasters –> My review here
Locations with outdoor seating and/or a view
- 5 Seasons Brewing Company (and Restaurant)
- Shillings on the Square
- The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar and View
- Coffee, Coffee Everywhere! (findingcoffee.wordpress.com)
- The Best Place to Network? Local Coffee Shops (personalbrandingblog.com)
- meet me at the coffee shop (vanitycake.wordpress.com)
Share a Cup of Mo!