Coffee Q & A: Coffee Newbie
Sometimes people ask me for general suggestions about coffee and coffee condiments, I figured I’d share them with you here and maybe they could help you out! This comes from a good friend who is a new to being a coffee lover.
Q: It’s official… I’m a coffee drinker!!! I want to go buy some things to have to keep and make coffee taste yummy… suggestions? Like, maybe a great creamer or caramel?
A: Hey! Congrats on being an official coffee drinker!! As far as suggestions, don’t go buy a flavor syrup/pump and all until you try it out. I would suggest going to your local coffee shop first and asking for a brewed or iced coffee (non espresso) with a shot of caramel. If you like it, then go and buy the syrup. Be sure to ask them how many pumps they use, if you like it you can replicate it at home.
I know you don’t really like a strong coffee taste. If you can find a Caribou Coffee near you, go there and try some of their lattes. I think you’d love their drinks, they let you pick the chocolate for your mocha (white, milk or dark). Their drinks are sweeter, more like a treat with a little coffee flavor. Drinks I think you’d like to try there:
- Mint Condition Mocha- espresso, milk, chocolate, Andes mints
- Turtle Mocha- espresso, milk, chocolate, caramel, and snickers bits
- Campfire Mocha- espresso, milk, chocolate, marshmallow flavor, topped with mini marshmallows and chocolate bits
I hope this helps you out!
- New Moon Cafe- Augusta, GA (findingcoffee.wordpress.com)
- Starbucks Secret Menu (523m.wordpress.com)
- Five Reasons Why….You Should Grind Your Own Coffee (findingcoffee.wordpress.com)
- Review: Murder by Mocha (bookingmama.net)