Did you guys know about this?? Why didn’t you tell me?!?!
Seriously. Why didn’t you tell me? I have noticed at smaller coffee shops they offer this as an option, it’s usually more expensive though (and I am thrifty…and
happy was happy with nonfat milk) so I never ask for it.
I am probably behind on this trend, like way behind, which would be typical. Do I care? No. Why? Because now I have found almond milk and I am never letting it go.
According to the carton (I bought Silk Pure Almond, but Blue Diamond Almond milk is good too) Almond Milk is like milk, but far more awesome:
- 50% more calcium than milk
- only 60 calories per serving
- NO cholesterol
- 100% lactose and dairy free
- No need to skeptically look at and sniff the milk jug every couple of days because I am paranoid that it is going sour
- It comes in dark chocolate (WHAT?!?!)
- Bonus: there are ALWAYS coupons for Almond Milk (various manufacturers) in the newspaper and online
PS. This post was in no way sponsored by an almond milk manufacturer, this is just typical me, being behind on tasty/healthy/alternative coffee choices.